Have you ever tried wiping your bathroom mirror down after a hot shower thinking the steam would help clean it? Every time you do this, you will notice that your mirror is filled with streaks whenever you come back and check your mirror. Instead of looking for a cleaning hack online, here’s an effective cleaning method that will thoroughly clean your bathroom Unley Glass Mirrors and get the results you desire.
Here’s a short list of what doesn’t work:
- Wiping your steamed up mirrors with a towel post-shower
- Using newspaper; while this was valid years ago, today’s ink will leave behind unwanted residue.
- Paper towels; they leave behind small particles of cloth.
- Using general cleaning products that are not labelled as a window cleaner.
Now, here’s a list of tools and materials that you’ll need:
- A glass cleaning; you can also use a homemade one that’s a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Flat-weave Microfiber Cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton pad
How to Clean Your Bathroom Mirror
- Before removing any streaks and fingerprints, you should first remove any dirt, gunk and grime from your bathroom mirror. Pour a hefty amount of rubbing alcohol onto your cotton pad and start scrubbing away any buildup that is present in your mirror.
- Using the glass cleaner, or vinegar solution if you don’t have one, spray down onto your mirror. The key to the best results is spraying on a light layer of mist rather than spraying too much. Over spraying your cleaner will cause it to drop and run down, creating unnecessary work for you.
- Leave the solution for a while. Afterwards, grab your flat-weave microfiber cloth and fold it in half twice. Now you’ll have four clean layers of fabric to work with during the cleaning process.
- Place the closet on the top left corner of the glass mirror and gently slide it to the top right corner. Afterwards, head back to the left side of the mirror at a slight downward angle. Repeat the process until you’ve worked your way down the bottom of the mirror.
After you’ve wiped your mirror clean, inspect every part of it at different angles. Look for any streaks or leftover grime. If you spot some, spray a light amount of cleaning solution on each spot and wipe it clean – make sure you do this quickly.
There you have it! A quick and easy way to clean your bathroom Unley Glass Mirrors. For more useful home DIY tips and tricks, make sure you check out our blog page.